Sunday, April 12, 2009

Praise the LORD

Well, our house is quiet as everyone takes a nap and I now have time to post... how can I not say something in honor of my Father after all He has done for me!

David and the three older children were sitting on the couch last night reading and I was watching and thinking of what a blessing we have! "Behold children are a gift of the Lord!" Psalm 127:3

I can't tell you how many prayers God has answered from little things to big things throughout this pregnancy; and how many details He worked out that I didn't even think to ask about.

Praise the Lord for:

-the privilege of being His child!
-the number of brothers and sisters I have scattered throughout the US!
-for the prayers of those brothers and sisters!
-for delighting to hear our prayers!
-for delighting to answer those prayers!
-for doing "exceeding abundantly above all we could ask or think"!
-for always being true to His Word and promises! for His faithfulness!
-for "gently leading those that are with young" Isaiah 40:11
-for my husband who is so quick to serve me in every way so that I can tend solely to our new baby girl; for taking care of the children, cleaning the house, preparing and serving me meals, cooking... I am truly blessed beyond measure!!! (how much I have to be thankful for!)
-for my husband who loves his children and loves his new "little pea"
I could keep going and going, but this song seems to sum it up best. As the years pass and my walk with the Lord grows in years, this song rings more and more true! How thankful I am to be His child! How thankful I am to be surrounded by and engulfed in His love!

The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
It goes beyond the highest star,
And reaches to the lowest hell;
The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
God gave His Son to win;
His erring child He reconciled,
And pardoned from his sin.

Refrain: Oh, love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure—
The saints’ and angels’ song.

When hoary (old, ancient) time shall pass away,
And earthly thrones and kingdoms fall,
When men who here refuse to pray,
On rocks and hills and mountains call,
God’s love so sure, shall still endure,
All measureless and strong;
Redeeming grace to Adam’s race—
The saints’ and angels’ song.

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Deann,
I had to cry and cry, reading your post! Praise the Lord for His kindness to you in every way. It was glorious to read. I'm so thankful you have David to care for you! What a good one he is! Allison is beautiful. I love the fact that God has healed her and given her "normal" status. It is so wonderful, I want to shout.
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord!!

Tomi said...

I love that last verse!